(701) Niyantri नियन्त्री - The Leader. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 568
(702) Mahati महती - The harp of Naarada नारद . ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 774
(703) Medhaa मेधा - ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 538
That supreme intelligence which has a very subtle discrimination of good and evil, action and omission, religion and irreligion, eternal and evanescent, imperishable and perishable, primary and secondary, essential and non-essential, regeneration and degeneration, sinlessness and sinfulness etc.
This supreme is intelligence is one of the aspects of Mother.
One would ask what is the propriety of explaining the working of evolution through the instrument of a series of names. Some superficially thinking people have questioned me, " Is it not a crooked way that the explanation of philosophy should be done by a number of names ". The natural should have been that of a book of philosophy like Gitaa or any of the modern books dealing with what is to be inculcated, chapter by chapter.
The hidden idea behind the repetition of the Maai names is that very truth has to be realised. By repetition of names, you establish the personal relations between Mother, yourself and the truth. A description is something like a third person's voice, whereas, in the case of a book of names, different aspects of the Truth are abbreviated into different names and when each name is repeated with devotion and with an appeal to Mother, that helps the devotee to realise the truth embodied in that name. That truth is grasped and impressed most concentratedly and assimilated.
To be hearing after a full banquet dinner while rolling in a bed, " Man must have discrimination ", and giving a half-attentive affirmation to it, is one thing. To be directly addressing Mother with a flower offering in a devotional posture after fasting in a divine atmosphere of solitude, and unified beatitude as "Mother", Thou art the discrimination", is another thing. This is one explanation only.
Another point which readers of the vast ocean of scriptures should have clearly before their mind is that they should not get confused because of the repetitions of the same names. To be a master of a subject, the student has so often to return again and again to the first point. It should, however, be born in mind that his returning to the first point after one, or more revolutions is entirely different from his first reading. Similarly even regarding the sequential order, after one reading and understanding, the repetition has not only a new importance but it is in a way necessary to obtain mastery in a matter of the recognition of each truth by itself. Mere knowing is nothing.
The very first thing is the clear and correct understanding of the life, universe, soul, relations with one another, natural tendencies, the relation of action and reaction, working forces, and Mother's supremacy over every element and every action.
(704) Punyalabhyaa पुण्यलभ्या - She that creates in the heart of the aspirant, the desire of accumulating the greatest merit. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 543
(705) Punya-shravana-kirtanaa पुण्यश्रवणकीर्तना - She that does what is stated above, by prompting Her devotees to perform several religious actions, including hearing Mother's greatness and repeating the same before others. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 544
Shravan श्रवण or hearing is generally of Kathaa कथा or scripture- reading or scripture-lecturing and is generally conducted by religious preceptors. The Kathaakaar कथाकार or scripture-reading preceptor reads a particular scriptural text work, mostly with the determination of finishing it within a certain auspicious period. Religious persons silently and devoutly hear him, some of them observing fasts and some few observing celibacy and possible purity of thought, word and deed. On completion of the work, the preceptor is worshipped and given donations.
Kirtan कीर्तन is glorifying, The Kirtankaar कीर्तनकार selects some masterpieces of religious events or of the live saints and devotees etc. and imparts religious education through such discourses lasting for few hours. The Kirtan कीर्तन is usually a literary intellect religious treat and is mostly accompanied with vocal music and devotional musical instruments. The Kirtan कीर्तन is usually made more attractive with criticisms, references to current topics, illustrations for impressing certain truths, laughter anecdotes and traditional stories.
Kathaakaar कथाकार and Kirtankaar कीर्तनकार usually lead a religious simple life of contentment and maintain themselves on donations and helps given to them by peoples for their noble and religious work. ( Please read VIPRA-ROOPAA विप्ररूपा Serial No. 784).
(706) Punya-kirti पुण्यकीर्तिः She whose glorification helps the amassment of merit. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 542
Several methods of acquiring merit (Punya पुण्य) are charity, suffering for others, fasting, undertaking ceremonial sacrifices, self-mortifying, self-denying, abstaining from enjoyments, serving others, controlling desires, going on pilgrimages, saints-serving, parents-serving, feeding the needy, providing constructional works to serve humanity, exerting oneself to serve society in its struggle to gain godliness, religiosity, etc., etc., etc.
It is Mother who creates and kindles the desire of amassing the merit. For them that have no means for the above and are of another mentality, the other avenue of gaining merit is through the hearing of the greatness of Mother and discoursing and making others to hear. Although only two words of Shravana (hearing) and Kirtana are mentioned here in this name, these two words are supposed to include all different measures as Lotus Feet service, worship, saint-companionship, self-surrendering, etc., which go to form the mental attitude of devotion.
Punya-kirti पुण्यकीर्ति is the glorification of Mother. This idea has not been well realised and is held at a great discount compared with the other two avenues. We are generally of such a pigmy-like outlook that we have certainly limited notions. A Kirtankaar कीर्तनकार means one who gives a particular discourse in a particular dress in a particular place in the meeting of a particular class of people in a particular manner. This name Punyakirti should convey the idea in any place, in any condition, at any time and to any people whoever talks about the glory of Mother has been accumulating merit. This is true even while he is talking to a fellow passenger on a bus or when he is in a dancing hall.
Mother's name does not require the sanction of any circumstances to make it creative of merit. Mother's name and Mother's glorification are by themselves the highest sin-annihilators.
Every Mother's Lodge member, just the reverse of the old idea, should be much above the selfish idea of eating one's sweet selfishly and seclusively.
Secrecy and seclusion of vices through which often Satan creeps in with the external appearance of godliness, sublimity, divinity, etc. Satan often fosters ignorance, immorality, imbecility, exclusive possessiveness, etc.
This name Punyakirti conveys a command. Glorify Mother. Spread and out-spread Mother's Glory in all publicity.
Secrecy and seclusion should be avoided as far as possible in activities of true religiosity.
If scoundrels have succeeded in running away with wealth and women in the field of religion, it is mainly through the satanic weapons of secrecy and seclusion. He who is truly religious and dies without leaving his inheritance or transferring his light and love to some disciples to the extent of the latter's receptivity, is a sinner, under Mai's Ideal. This spread of religiosity and Mother's Glory is Punya Kirti.
Mother is more pleased by the spread of Her glory than self-evolution alone, even though desire-less and spiritual.
(707) Satyavrataa सत्यव्रता - Mother, who after the creation of the desire of amassing merit by all possible avenues, creates the desire of living out a righteous life. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 817
The greatest virtue which gives a lift in spirituality is Satya or Truthfulness. The usual outlook about the "Truth" of the routine religionist although he repeats that word hundred times is extremely narrow. Few have explained "Truth" except by some small definition of " Conformity of word, thought and action".
To realise the importance of this virtue, the ant out-look should be made elephant-outlook. "Satya" must be taken to mean "Arjavam", i.e., straightforwardness. Giving a more practical aspect, I interpret "Satya" as the absence of crookedness of heart, thought and action in practical routine life. This definition may be applied to oneself, in dealings with others and the universe as a whole.
I say with experience that the degenerating influence of the highest sins is not that as great as that of the routine crookedness. The degenerating influence of constantly keeping yourself concealed from others as to what you are, utilising your speech and influence and action to give the wrong scent of your motives and further move, etc. is the violation of the truth.
I say by experience that crookedness and violation of truth are much worse than highest sin because it deadens the conscience and closes all doors against even the best saviours. No patient can be cured by even the most celestial doctor if the very history he gives the false one. If you are unreliable, you are incorrigible and untouchable as well. Impurity of other sins soils you but the impurity of crookedness murders your higher self.
(708) Satya-rupaa सत्यरूपा - Truthfulness incarnate. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 818
Satyarupaa is a higher form than the Satyavrataa which is again higher than Satyapriyaa. You are on the other side of truth. You side with people, customs, action and conduct in the right, that is Satyapriyaa. You yourself trying to best keep yourself in the right is Satyavrataa. When you cannot feel easy yourself because you are not in the right, you are Satya-rupaa.
Satya-rupaa is the stage when the righteous living becomes so interwoven with one's thought and action that any casual observer can mark you out whenever you speak an untruth or twist the truth or make the slightest departure from the right conduct. You are then Satyarupaa. There is so much of uneasiness, confusion and guiltiness stamp on your face, that even the dullest person can detect you. You are then Satya-rupaa. You can not remain composed till you have vomited out your crime, sin, fault or folly.
As an instance of Satyarupaa, I quote a wonderful instance of actual happening of a young man. He having fallen a prey to weakness with a young woman in solitude, went direct to the woman's husband and spoke to him thus: " I and your wife succumbed now, being young and in solitude. We both are fools and uncontrolled. I do leave this place tonight so that the sin may not be repeated but our best saviour can be you. I, therefore, pray to you to do all the needful to save us both from direct hell." Whatever he is another field, he is a Satyarupaa.
A similar instance I know of another person. For his service done someone came one night to him and in spite of flat refusals left a fifty rupee note. As soon as that man left, this Satyarupaa began to get a headache and vomiting and after two hours he called his son and said, " I know our poverty but if you wish I may not die before morning, please take this money and return to its owner."
Satyarupaa सत्यरूपा are those who cannot bear the burden of any secret or the fact of having dabbled with truth or having hurt anyone by unpleasant feeling, thought word or deed.
Satyavrataa सत्यव्रता may also be taken to mean She that is pleased by a vow of speaking and living truth or She that becomes Satya, i.e., more known or manifested on observing Vrataas (religious vows) sincerely and not hypocritically. Satya also means giving quick and lasting results, and Satyavrataa means She that gives quick and lasting results. Satyavrataa may also mean She that makes Her promises true in the matter of conferring all that is necessary for evolution till the attainment of salvation, on him who surrenders himself to Her.
In Devi Bhaagvat there is a story of an illiterate and foolish Brahmin by name Satyavrataa who on repeating the sound "Ai" - ए which he heard from the mouth of a boar by whom he was frightened became the king of poets. Mother taking pity on him completed his "Ai" ए to be "Aim" एम and "Aim" एम become "MAI" by continuous repetition.
(709) Sukhakari सुखकरी - ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 968
(710)Suvaasini सुवासिनी - ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 970
(711) Suvaasinyarchanapritaa सुवासिन्यर्चनप्रीता - ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 971
Whereas the previous two words denote the prominent religious qualifications for men, here are those for women.
Mother's female devotees must be carriers and creators of happiness to all. They must like the most beautiful flowers that spread the fragrance of purity, divinity and hilarity all around them.
The third name state that Mother is pleased with the worship of Her by Suvaasinis, worship being nothing else but the fulfilment of the condition of their being Suvaasinis. Mother is most pleased with those female devotees that give maximum happiness to others as daughter, wife or mother or the family woman, neighbour, hostess, kind mistress to servants, patroness, donors, etc.
WOMAN HAS THE INHERENT QUALITY OF BRINGING HAPPINESS. Mother is most pleased with them THAT BY THEIR VERY PRESENCE, and sweet speech make all miseries forgotten, and with them that spread the fragrance of their silent service and self-sacrifice.
In routine religion, Suvaasini means a married woman whose husband is alive and Suvaasinyarchanpritaaa means " She that is pleased by the worship offered by women with their husband alive. " In Mother's Ideal, however, religiosity has no existence without righteousness and therefore I prefer the above interpretation. There is nothing like meritoriousness or meritlessness in only fact of being married or unmarried, being with or without a husband or in the condition of the husband being alive or dead
(712) Naama-paaraayana-preetaa नामपारायणप्रीता - ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 732
(713) Stotra-preeyaa स्तोत्रप्रिया - ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 927
(714) Stuti-mati स्तुतिमती - ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तो., नाम क्रमांक 928
She that is pleased by the continued repetition of Her name, Hymn or Prayer.
Righteous living, goodness, happiness-conferring and fragrance-spreading have been spoken about. Righteousness and goodness are no doubt the most admirable requirements for being happy but they are only the entrance gates of religiosity. Many more things are required to be happy and that is because everyone does not act righteously. Just the reverse of it, the righteous man is generally most crushed because he offers the least resistance and is of a harmless and forgiving nature. The world's way is to curse the good man for not being better and to thank the bad man for not being worse, as only that way one's self-interest is best served. In this world, there are many unknown and uncontrollable forces and happenings and therefore in addition to goodness and righteousness, one needs the Grace of Controller of the Universe.
"Being good", is conveyed in the first requirement of Mother's Ideals, viz., "Love All". It includes the requirement of a good and superior heart but goodness will remain barren unless it is translated into action. This is conveyed in the second requirement, viz., "Serve All." Love without service is unfruitful. It has not the material substance to keep the flame ablaze. Service without love does not bring bliss to the server or the served. Thus Love and Service should go together. Further even service with love or love with service is found to be not enough for being happy. We than an acquaintance with higher happiness which laughs at all kinds of little happiness that this world can give. Hence "Devotion to Mother," is the third requirement which we are dealing with here. The third requirement means "Be the pet child of the Controller of the Universe."
Mother is pleased by the frequent repetition of Her names which is the simplest method of securing Her Grace. This must be done without any idea of prohibitions of time, place, manner and even bodily condition.
Repetition must be practised until your tongue becomes so accustomed that it will go on doing its work without physical exhaustion, exertion and even consciousness, just as some have the habit of unconscious leg-shaking. One devotee says," Oh tongue, why I have flattered and flattened thee with most dainty dishes !! Why, if it is not with the hope that thou will not prove faithless, and will not fail to save me by repetition of Mother's sacred name !!
She is further pleased by stotras, which mean age-borne popular hymns and psalms.
She is further pleased by Stuti Mati स्तुतिमती, which means the mentality (Mati - मती) to feel grateful for whatever good is found and happens and to offer prayers of thanksgiving for the same.
(715) Svarna-garbhaa स्वर्णगर्भा - She who as it were lays the golden egg from which this most wonderful and shining and fascinating universe comes into being. Praise Mother as the Creator of this most wonderful world. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 638
(716) Vishvato-mukhi विश्वतोमुखी - With faces in all directions and turned to all, capable of seeing with millions of angles of vision and attending to the need and evolution of one and all. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 780
(717) Pancha-brahma-svarupini पंचब्रह्मस्वरूपिणी - Of whom the five Brahmans are the five forms. Scriptures say,"The unconditioned Brahma by the play of Maayaa becomes five-conditioned Brahmaas, viz., "Brahmaa, Vishnu, Mahesha, Ishvar and Sadashiv." Some explain five Brahmas to mean Jiva (soul), Prakriti (inborn nature), Ahankaar (egoism), Manas (mind) and Buddhi (discriminative faculty). ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 250
(718) Niraalambaa निरालम्बा - With none whose support She needs.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 877
(719) Ameyaa अमेया - Immeasurable. Everything about Her including mercifulness, beauty, love, etc., is immeasurable. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 616
(720) Aprameyaa अप्रमेया - Unknowable. Everything about Her including Her mysterious ways of saving and perfecting and granting salvation, etc., is unknowable.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 413
(721) Achintyarupaa अचिन्त्यरूपा - Of a form and nature which is unthinkable. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 554
(722) Kalpanaa-rahitaa कल्पनारहिता- Everything about Her is beyond all possible imagination. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 858
(723) Nissim-mahimaa निस्सीममहिमा - Of immeasurable Greatness. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 429
(724) Kaashthaa काष्ठा - The goal of all souls and the universe. The destination or final condition which all souls strive to reach and which the universe is made to go to.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 859
(725) Shirasthaa शिरस्था - She, whose Lotus Feet are put by all deities and devotees on their heads. The name in the original is Shirasthitaa but it has been altered to rhyme with the next name.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 591
Further, She is Shirasthaa whenever they think of Her in their brains as the highest destroyer of difficulties as Power. The fortunate first know about Her and thoughts about Her first begin to fill their brain.
(726) Hridayasthaa ह्रदयस्था - She, that is installed in their own hearts by deities and devotees as the highest giver of Love, joy and happiness, i.e., as Love. After knowledge about Her is mature, there is an offshoot of a desire to have a relationship with Her and Hers, i.e., She than occupies the heart. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 595
(727) Aajnaa आज्ञा - She, who rules and set things as She desires, not by any hard effort but by mere command. Then the aspirant tries to know the ordinance through scriptures. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 828
(728) Poojyaa पूज्या - She that has been worshipped and prayed in all times by deities and devotees. Then the aspirant worship and prays to her.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 803
(729) Samhritaa-shesha-paashandaa संह्रताशेषपाषण्डा - Destroyer of all hypocrites, i.e., who are hostile to true religiosity and righteousness. Here She considers why the apparent approach Her? Is he hypocrite? ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 355
(730) Mahaa-satvaa महासत्वा - She is the highest essence. She that tests and ascertains the essence or merit of her devotees what sacrifice he is capable of, what is his plane, etc., and fills up the deficiency to enable him to be Her true devotee.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 216
(731) Sulabhaagati सुलभागति -She is then very easy to approach and surrender ourselves to. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 683
The original name is SHOBHANAA SULABHAAGATI. Shobhanaa may be taken to mean salvation and the meaning that may be taken as easy from the commencement to the attainment of salvation.
(732) Sukhaaraadhyaa सुखाराध्या - Worshippable and appeasable with ease, i.e., without any great austerity or self-mortification. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 681
(733) Sadaatushtaa सदातुष्टा - Ever contended.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 921
(734) Sadoditaa सदोदिता - Ever alert to run to the succour of Her devotees.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 920
(735) Sadyah-prasaadini सद्यःप्रसादिनी - Granting Grace immediately and unfailingly. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 383
(736) Pooshtaa पुष्टा -Because She gets Herself nourished by the very joy that She experiences by doing the welfare of Her devotees. ललिता सहस्र नाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 801
(737) Bhaktanidhi भक्तनिधी - She becomes the treasure to which the devotee looks and on which the devotee counts in all his difficulties. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 567
(738) Drishyarahitaa दृश्यरहिता - She is invisible and every time She sportively tries to deceive the devotees by trying to create the false notion that his successes are due to his own efforts, chances or some other persons or other deities. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 650
(739) Daurbhaagyatulavaatulaa दौर्भाग्यतूलवाूला - The gale which blows away the misfortunes like the thistles or tufted seeds of reed. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 744
(740) Rogaparvatadambholi रोगपर्वतदंभोली - The thunderbolt which shivers the mountain of diseases. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 748
(741) Jaraa-dhvaanta-ravi-prabhaa ज्वराध्वांतरविप्रभा - The sun-beam which dispels the darkness decay. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 745
(742) Para-mantra-vibhedini परमन्त्रविभेदिनी -Destroyer of hostile charm. There are three energies: Prabhu Shakti (lordship), Mantra Shakti (diplomacy) and Utsah Shakti (armed force) and if with these energies anyone is trying to subdue or harass Her devotee, She destroys all these energies as also deadly weapons, if any, directed towards the devotees. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 812
(743) Raajya-vallabhaa राज्यवल्लभा - She that delights in making Her deserving devotees vallabhas or masters of desired dominions, namely of royalty, supernatural powers, wealth, knowledge, fame etc. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 686
(744) Trivarga-nilayaa त्रिवर्गनिलया - Abode of all the trinities, of deities, times, conditions, purusharthas, viz., Dharma, Artha and Kama, of three (Bhuvans) regions, etc.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 873
(745) Trivargadaatri त्रिवर्गदात्री - Giver of all that is desired, in connection with above-stated trinities. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 760
(746) Muktinilayaa मुक्तिनिलया - The abode of salvation, meaning the mine of gems of modes, of remedies, and dispensations, that go to restore freedom or secure salvation. Mysterious, unfathomable and innumerable are Mother ways of saving Her devotees. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 839
(747) Mukundaa मुकुंदा - Reliever from any miseries. Salvation-giver. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 838
Mukunda is the name of Krishna. That Krishna and Kaali are the same has been supported by many scriptures.
In the Tantra Raaja while describing several Gopal mantras it is thus stated, " Lalitaa, once appeared in a male body as Krishna , with Her different energies to support with Her in the form of Gopies. That the idol of Shri Nathji has been wearing a nose ring as a commemoration of the Mother's devotee Vallabha Dholaa is a well-known fact. This devotee showed to Krishna's devotees that Kaali was Krishna in male form by praying the idol to appear as Kaali and this the idol did.
JAYA MAAI, MOTHER BLESS ALL
Under this group such names as give a bit advance view of matters, are included.
(748) Gurumurti गुरूमूर्ति - In the form of Guru the Teacher. Mother, Guru, Shishya and the Mantra are in such intimate inter-connection that they may be taken to be one. Guru is one who removes darkness. Guru should be a miniature of God who is approachable and available for the incessant practice of attaining the deservedness of efficiently serving Mother. Guru is for the practice of dedication, self-surrender, most honest dealing, confession, obedience, patience and other virtues, which should be sufficiently developed to enable one to gain admission into the realm of a higher plane. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 603
Mother is Guru, because so long as Her Grace is not there, you do not recognize the Guru although you are in his company for years together, nor does the Guru feel any inclination to speak with you. It is the Mother's Grace, which brings about the union of Guru and Shishya and Guru who brings about the union of the individual soul and the universal soul
In some cases Mother Herself becomes the Guru.
(749) Gunanidhi गुणनिधिः -The treasure of all virtues. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 604
By company of the Guru and by strict obedience to his instructions, you develop virtues and eliminate vices. Mother is the treasure of all virtues. To the extent that you have the treasure of virtues, you have more of Mother with you.
Guru also means a rope and Nidhi the person to whom the rope is tied. The idea is that during calamities, Mother tightly holds the rope of the boat of Her devotees, preventing them from sinking.
Once Her devotees declare themselves surrendered to Her, She holds them in Her full grip.
(750) Guru-mandala-rupini गुरूमण्डलरूपिणी - In the shape of assemblage or collection or conference of spiritual teachers. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 713
This word conveys universality. Mother is not simply Guru-murti but Guru-mandala-rupini as well. The evil of well-froggism that follows as result of considering Guru as God is here warned against. She is the collection of all the Gurus. It is foolish to consider that one's own Guru is a diamond and those of others are stones.
In the matter of one's own Guru, religion and worshipped God aspect, the understanding must be very subtle. The advantage of concentration on one's own select should not be lost on one hand and there should not be well froggism on the other. This is a difficult position which few are able to achieve. You must be devoted to your own and yet revere others. It is foolish to wipe out distinctions and yet it is necessary to broaden the outlook. To say, "everything is same " is the talk of a fool who is simply a talker or one who is too much afraid least a quarrel or some bitterness may ensue.
To give an idea of routine life, it should be just as in a joint family of an old papa with several sons. Each of the sons' wives acts equally well to all the sons in all matters except one, viz., the matrimonial heart to heart relation. So a devotee has to behave with respect to his own God and Guru and those of others. All are the sharers of the whole property but the master of oneself, one's heart and one's love in One alone.